Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Manager, Global Payroll Implementation, joining our Global Payroll Solutions team.
As a dynamic and energetic professional, the Manager of Global Payroll Implementation will own the planning and implementation of Remote’s Global Payroll customer onboarding.
This role will work with large global teams, therefore a clear understanding of how to manage teams asynchronously, will be crucial to the success of these teams.
You will be reporting to the Director of Global Payroll Experience.
What you bring
- 8+ years of Global Payroll experience with multiple countries.
- 5+ years of Global Payroll Customer Implementation experience in a SaaS environment.
- 5+ years team management or customer account management or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge in implementing customer’s payroll structure in multiple countries to ensure statutory compliance.
- You are passionate about leading and growing a team.
- Strong knowledge of creating standard operating procedures.
- Critical problem-solving abilities with excellent and empathetic communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Advance experience with scaling processes, automating repetitive tasks and driving metrics to deliver results that will meet or exceed business goals.
- Proficient in using Google Sheets and working in a MacBook Pro environment.
- Not required but is considered a plus if you have a working knowledge of Zendesk, Notion, Slack and Salesforce .
- You understand the need and ideal to work largely asynchronously.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- You must write and speak fluent English.
- Lead, Manage & Hire a global team of Payroll Implementation Specialists; grow & develop the team through coaching and mentorship.
- Own the end-to-end Payroll Implementation process of onboarding international customers to the Remote Global Payroll platform to include:
- develop and implement detailed standard operating procedures
- ensuring every country has detailed government payroll compliance regulations documented
- develop and implement operational processes that scale for large growth and efficiency in a fast paced environment
- track, monitor and continuously improve the team’s performance on key metrics to meet the business goals.
- identify opportunities for efficiencies in the product that create a better user experience.
- Respond and resolve all customer escalations through positive solutions that contribute to high customer retention rates.
- Be the SME for multiple teams across the organization to answer queries and drive knowledge resources.
- Collaborate cohesively with Customer Experience, Operations, Product & Engineering, Tax & Payments, Finance, Vendor Relations and other teams across the organization to provide best in-class onboarding to our new customers and ensure we are compliant with global payroll regulations.
- Report to: Director of Global Payroll Experience & Implementations
- Team: Global Payroll
- Location: UTC -4 or UTC -5 Timezones
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $39,200 USD to $57,886 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Director of Global Payroll Experience
- Interview with Senior Payroll Manager
- (async) Offer
Our full benefits & perks are explained in our handbook at remote.com/r/benefits
. As a global company, each country works differently, but some benefits/perks are for all Remoters:
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.