Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space. Remote is a leading global employment platform that empowers businesses to hire, manage, and pay distributed teams around the world. Our innovative solutions transform the way companies operate, enabling them to tap into a vast pool of talent, streamline operations, and expand their global reach. As we continue to revolutionize the future of work, we're seeking a highly skilled and motivated Staff Product Manager to join our Product team and lead Remote’s "Powered By Remote" initiative to new heights of success.
As a Staff Product Manager for Remote’s Partner API, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our "Powered By Remote" program. In this high-profile position, you will be responsible for overseeing Remote's partner API and developer tools, enabling strategic partners to seamlessly integrate Remote's products into their platforms. Your strategic vision, deep API expertise, and collaborative leadership will be essential in delivering integrated solutions that drive revenue growth and deliver exceptional value to both partners and customers.
What you bring
- Successful Product Manager: Demonstrated track record of successful product management, leading initiatives from concept to launch.
- API Mastery: Proven experience managing complex APIs, including versioning, security, and design principles.
- White Label Partnership Experience: Prior involvement in managing an extensive API for white label partnerships is essential.
- Strategic Vision: Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives that align with business objectives.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Strong track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams, including partnerships, operations teams, engineering, design, marketing and product teams.
- Technical Acumen: Deep understanding of API best practices, developer tooling, and API-related technologies.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Creative thinker with a knack for devising scalable solutions to support the onboarding of multiple strategic partners.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Leadership: Proven experience leading and mentoring teams to achieve ambitious goals.
What this job can offer you
- Lead the "Powered By Remote" Partner API initiative, driving its success as a top company goal for the year.
- Define the strategic roadmap for the Partner API, ensuring alignment with business objectives and customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with the partnerships team to understand partner requirements and translate them into effective API solutions.
- Design and oversee the development of developer tools and resources that enable partners to integrate Remote's products seamlessly.
- Use your expertise to ensure the security, reliability, and scalability of the Partner API in accordance with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with various product areas to ensure a cohesive and integrated experience for partners and end-users.
- Work closely with external API partners to design and deliver integrated solutions that enhance the user experience.
- Optimize and enhance the API's functionality by monitoring and analyzing API performance metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Mentor and guide cross-functional teams, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continually improve the Partner API and related offerings.
- Profile review (reviewed async)
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Async exercise and live exercise review with a peer
- Interviews with stakeholders
- Offer (shared async)
- Reference calls
- You’ll report to: Product Director
- Direct reports: This is an individual contributor position
- Team: Product
- Location: This role can be based anywhere. Initial preference will be given to candidates based in the Americas region.
Remote compensation policy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our full benefits & perks are explained in our handbook at remote.com/r/benefits
. As a global company, each country works differently, but some benefits/perks are for all Remoters:
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org