Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- A Bachelor's degree in Law or related areas, preferably with a Post-Graduate or Master's degree in Taxation
- Prior experience and proficiency with corporate tax compliance (including corporate income taxes, withholding taxes on payroll, withholding taxes on local and cross-border services), with at least 4 years of aggregate experience, with a consultancy background being considered a plus
- You have proven advisory and compliance experience across direct taxes, both local and cross-border (as well as with tax treaties), including working knowledge of transfer pricing rules
- You have strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail
- You keep track of recent updates in tax topics that are relevant for corporate tax compliance (e.g., Pillars 1, 2 of the OECD Programme of Work, DSTs)
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders
- Writes and speaks fluent English. Other languages are considered a plus
- It is not required for you to have experience working remotely, but it is considered a plus
What you bring
- Report to the International Tax Manager and assist in the control of corporate tax compliance tasks (e.g., filings, supporting documentation, payments) for all the companies of the Remote group worldwide
- Work with tax advisors to prepare and submit reports/returns related to the corporate tax obligations of Remote group entities
- Handle analysis of sensitive topics on corporate tax (internal and/or with the assistance of external partners), ranging from compliance issues to tax planning worldwide
- Ensure a status of sustainable compliance before the tax authorities of the countries in which Remote operates
- Analyze and discuss risk positions if those arise in Remote's corporate tax compliance
- Support the team in tax audits and inspections worldwide
- Monitor changes in tax law in several jurisdictions (EMEA, APAC, North America, Central and South America)
- You'll report to: International Tax Manager
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
For U.S. applicants: Across all US locations, the base salary range for this full-time position is $62,400.00 to $76,800 and equity. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. Currently in the U.S. this includes: 401(k) plan + employer match, flexible paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans. Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
Roughly 4 hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with team lead
- Prior employment verification check
Our full benefits & perks are explained in our handbook at remote.com/r/benefits
. As a global company, each country works differently, but some benefits/perks are for all Remoters:
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org