Arianna Huffington, Adam Grant, Priya Parker, and Michael C. Bush to headline global remote work conference
San Francisco, Ca., March 23, 2022 – Remote, the leader in building, managing, and supporting global, distributed workforces, will host its first global conference Remote Connect, April 5-6, 2022. The free virtual event features 40+ speakers including headliners Arianna Huffington, Adam Grant, Priya Parker, and Michael C. Bush, along with remote workers and business leaders in more than a dozen countries, who will share insights on what it takes to build a successful global company in 2022 and beyond.
As the global economy increasingly embraces remote work, the conference brings together leaders in HR, Legal, Finance, and Operations seeking to meet challenges in their organizations related to building and scaling remote-first global teams. Joining them will be speakers including:
- Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO of Thrive. She will share her insights on finding better ways to work, and how leaders and their teams can become better people.
- Adam Grant, bestselling author and one of Wharton’s top-rated professors. He will join Remote’s VP of Growth, Elisa Rossi, for a discussion on driving organizational innovation, finding motivation at work, and building healthy workplace cultures.
- Priya Parker, facilitator, strategic advisor, author, and executive producer and host of the New York Times podcast, Together Apart. She will lead a session on how to rethink and rebuild a post-pandemic approach to gathering.
- Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. He will lead a CEO roundtable featuring Alex Stephany, the founder & CEO of Beam, the pioneering startup that supports homeless people into stable jobs and homes.
- Paige Bailey, head of people at Carta, and Marc Douch, who leads talent acquisition in Europe at HiBob. They will share their perspectives with Job van der Voort, CEO and Co-founder of Remote, about hiring and retaining globally distributed teams and taking advantage of ‘the great resignation’.
- Chris Fabian, a technologist who co-founded and currently leads the UNICEF-ITU initiative Giga. He will join Remote’s Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer Marcelo Lebre for a conversation about cryptocurrencies and the necessity of innovation in the remote work world.
- Bruce Daisley, former vice-president of Twitter, creator of the Eat Sleep Work Repeat podcast and author of the book The Joy of Work. He will join a fireside chat with Remote’s VP and General Counsel, Sam Ross, about falling in love with your job again.
- Aneal Vallurupalli, CFO of Airbase. He will join Remote’s VP of Finance Pedro Barros for a discussion about developing and leading finance teams within globally distributed organizations.
- Charles Feltman, an executive and leadership coach and author of The Thin Book of Trust: An Essential Primer for Building Trust at Work. He will share his advice on how leaders can successfully confront and deal with issues of trust in the context of a globally distributed workplace.
- Remoters around the world, sharing practical advice and deep dives on global employment topics for leadership, legal, finance, engineering, and people teams.
HR professionals can earn free SHRM recertification credits for attending. To register for Remote Connect, visit https://remote.com/connect-2022.
The event follows a period of explosive growth for Remote as more companies seek to build distributed workforces. With Remote, businesses can hire employees or contractors from anywhere in the world by leveraging Remote’s platform to manage HR, payroll, taxes, benefits, and compliance. Recent new offerings and enhancements include:
- A faster employee enrollment experience for Remote’s employer of record (EOR) services, enabling companies to onboard employees or contractors across countries and time zones in minutes.
- A new calculator within the Remote platform for companies to estimate the costs of hiring a remote employee in one of 50+ countries, including statutory contributions.
- The Remote API, enabling partners – including HR, Payroll, and Talent Marketplace software providers – to embed Remote’s global employment services directly within their platforms.
- Remote Relocation, a program for companies to help their employees relocate and stay with the company, with support for visas, including sponsorship in some countries, taxation, and more.
- Remote for Refugees, a program that makes it easy and cost-effective for businesses to invest in refugee talent. Remote offers free global employment for all refugees who reside in countries where we have an entity.